How to use menthol crystals:
|Menthol crystals can be an important aspect of disinfecting and fumigating. It's important to note that they are toxic and should not be handled with bare hands. Wear rubber gloves and do not use them in misters, neti pots, or anything to evaporate where you would inhale the vapors.
Click here to find them in our store.
1. For jewelry and small items place them in a zip lock bag and add some menthol crystals.
2. Place your box springs, mattress, and pillow in a vinyl zippered cover and distribute menthol crystals through out.
3. Place shoes and foot wear in larger zippered bag and add menthol crystals
4. Place clothes in vinyl zippered bags for storage and add menthol crystals
5. Remove clothes from washing machine and place in zippered bag with menthol crystals.
6. Fumigate a room by placing menthol crystals in a ceramic pot with a candle under it, close windows, leave the room, and close the doors - see details in Margie's note below:
Thanks so much for the good information.
I have something I would love to share with you as far as disinfecting and cleaning cars and home. I read this on a parasite blog several years ago and this really works.
Buy some menthol crystals There are ceramic pots where you can melt wax for scent, the plug in kind and also the ones you use a candle under.
Put some of the crystal in it. You will need at least ten of the ceramic pots to work.
Plug them in or light the candle for the pots. Leave them in a fully closed room in your home . I put a towel underneath the door crack. Let burn for at least 6 hours. Do not breath in the fumes because that much can hurt you. If you have places like kitchens with no doors, I used plastic table cloths, held down on the side with thumb tacks on the open areas. This will kill the mites in the carpet, crevices and everywhere.
It worked for me to de-fumigate my house . When I did my utility room, there were so many the floor, was black with their corpses.
You can do this with your car using the ceramic pots with candles. Works like a charm.
But again make sure you put enough crystals in the pots and do not breath in the fumes.
This method is a lot easier and really works."
Note: I do not recommend using moth balls.
Many thanks to Marge for sharing her experience.