Stage I recipes shared by Robin. Robin, my co-host for the Sunday Conference Call, in addition to being a talented musician and talented cook.
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
- Stevia (equivalent of 1 Tsp. sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (lactose free with no additives)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 lemon, zested or Two Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil, or as needed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (for stage II diet only)
Many thanks to Robin for sharing her recipes--more to come.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, stevia, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a small bowl. Add milk and egg mixture to flour mixture, whisking until blended. Stir in melted butter and lemon zest.
- Lightly oil a griddle and heat over medium-high heat. Fill a 1/4-cup measure with batter and pour onto the hot griddles. Drop a few blueberries on top and cover them with a little batter. Cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Alternatively, you can use a waffle iron to make waffles. Heat the waffle iron, brush butter on the top and bottom of griddle so the batter won't stick and then pour the batter onto the waffle griddle. Close for about 3 minutes until finished.